Pav Bhaji is 'M's favorite.Even now, when we visit India, he wants to eat the red spicy buttery Pav Bhaji with an 'extra' Pav Jodi! Whenever I make it at home, he tells me to make it enough for at least 3 meals.He can eat it everyday...if I decide to make it that often, that is!
So..it means many times I have Pav bhaji left over from previous meals. I decided to revitalize the leftovers and make this 'Fusion' pizza---- Pav Bhaji Pizza. Later I got to know that my 'innovation' came a little too late...a restaurant in California already has 'Pav Bhaji Pizza' on menu and my sister tells me, it is very common in Pizza joints in Pune! Oh well....may be someday I will really make some food innovation!
3 boiled potatoes
1/2 cup finely chopped cauliflower
1/4 cup finely chopped cabbage
1/4cup carrots finely chopped
1 cup finely chopped green pepper
1/2 cup green peas+ 2 tbsp peas(boiled)
1 big onion chopped
3 red ripe tomatoes finely chopped/ tomato puree
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1-2 tsp Everest Pav Bhaji masala
1/4 tsp Garam masala
1-2 tsp Red chili powder
Butter(Amul if possible)
Veggies: Green beans, zucchini etc can also be added to make it more nutritious.
1) Pressure cook all the veggies. Mash them well.Grate/mash the boiled potatoes.
2) In 2 tbsp oil, fry the chopped onion til tender.Fry the tomatoes till soft and tender. Add the pav bhaji masala, garam masala, chili powder,salt,veggies and fry. Add little water to get desired consistency.
3) Top with butter.Add the 2 tbsp green peas for pop of color.
4) Serve with toasted bread nicely buttered. Garnish the Pav bhaji with chopped onions ,cilantro and squeeze of lemon juice.
5) Serve Hot!
Pav Bhaji Pizza:
1) Boboli Pizza base
2) 1 cup Pav Bhaji
3 ) 1/2 cup Onions and green pepper sliced vertically
4) 1/2 cup Pizza blend shredded cheese(mozzarella,, cheddar etc)
5) 3-4 tbsp Ketchup/Pizza sauce
6) 2 pinches ajwain/Oowa
1) Spread the ketchup/ pizza sauce on the pizza crust
2) Top with Pav Bhaji, onions, green peppers, cheese, ajwain, cilantro
3) Bake at 400 F( or as per directions on Pizza base/crust) for 8-10 mins
4) Bake till all the cheese is melted and bubbly...and the base is crisp.
5) Broil for 2 mins to melt the cheese and get the golden brown color
5) Serve hot!