Couple years ago..I had made these 'Asparagus-Chicken Kababs' and they were super flavorful and made a classy appetizer!! They reminded me of 'Shish kababs'....ground chicken with spices...grilled on skewers.
Here the Asparagus makes an edible skewer!!
Here is the link to the Asparagus-Chicken Kababs:
On similar lines here is the vegetarian version with Oats and Potatoes-
6-7 Fresh Asparagus stems
1 Potato boiled..mashed up
1/2 cup oatmeal
1tbsp chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Kitchen king masala
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic paste
1) Wash and dry the asparagus.Trim the hard end.
2) Mix ingredients for the coating.Add little water to bring it all together.
3) Press the mixture on to the asparagus
4) Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
5) Grill in a grill pan/ outdoor grill or a nonstick pan with little oil.
6) Let the kababs brown on all sides and let the asparagus become tender. Serve hot along with Chutney or Ketchup.