Love Love Love Biscottis....any flavor and every flavor!!
I tried this combination of Orange and Almonds for the first time and it tasted ..just awesome!!
Since I modified the recipe here and there, here is how I made it:
3 and 1/2 cups All purpose flour
5 Tbsps unsalted butter at room temperature
3 large eggs
1/4cup sliced almonds
1and 1/4th cup granulated sugar
3tsp Baking Powder
2tsp orange zest
1/4cup orange juice
1tsp Vanilla essence
For Chocolate drizzle:
1/4 cup White chocolate
1/4cup Dark chocolate
1) Cream together butter,oil,salt and sugar.Add the eggs and beat again till well blended and smooth
2)Preheat oven to 350F and grease a cookie sheet.
3) Add rest of the ingredients to the creamed butter.Make into a soft dough.
4) Roll into logs and flatten them. Bake at 350F for 25 mins
6) Place the cookies flat on the cookie sheet and 're bake' at 325 F for 10-12 mins until slight golden
8) Chocolate Drizzle-
1) Microwave white/ dark chocolate chips in a small bowl for 20 secs. Stir and microwave again for 30 secs.
(I tried microwaving the chips in the zip lock bag as told in 'lolfoodie' recipe...but the bag bursted as I was squeezing it while piping the chocolate.)
2) Fill the melted chocolate in a ziplock bag and press it shut
3) Cut a tiny hole in the bag corner and squeeze the bag to drizzle the chocolate on the Biscotti