For my last birthday, a friend had gifted these lovely cake stencils.Didn't have a chance to use them so far.It was so easy to make the cake look stunning with these stencils!
The only down side is.....the powdered sugar melts in few hours especially if it is hot and humid outside...and therefore the design can be done only few hours before serving the cake!The Cocoa powder might work well..but still have to try that one.
Ingredients: Makes 8inch round cake
1 and 1/2 cup All Purpose flour
3/4th cup sugar
1/2 cup Mango Puree (I used Swad Kesar Mango pulp)
1/2 cup Cold water
1/3rd cup Canola oil
1tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp saffron strands
1tbsp vinegar (Add just few drops less than 1tbsp.....it prevents that 'vinegar' taste)
1/2 cup powdered sugar for dusting
1) Sift the flour, sugar etc separately.Then measure correctly with a measuring cup.Don't over fill the cups.
Pre heat the oven to 350F
2) Mix together dry ingredients-flour, sugar, baking soda, salt etc
3) Mix together wet ingredients- water, oil,vinegar.
4) Mix together the wet+ dry ingredients and stir in one direction till well blended
5) Stir in the saffron and Mango puree
6) Mix again.
7) Grease the pan 8 inch round pan with shortening and dust with flour.
8) Pour in the batter till 3/4th full.
9) Bake at 350 F for 20-25 mins until golden brown.
Let it cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar