Anyways... today was our weekly play date for the kids, which is also a 'food date' for the moms and I decided to bake Biscottis to go along with our favorite tea!
3 cups All purpose flour
1/2cup toasted Pistachios
2/3 cups sugar
1/3 cup Honey
2 large eggs
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1and 1/2 tsp baking powder
1tsp Vanilla extract
Cooking spray/Butter for the cookie sheets.
Some sugar to sprinkle on the biscottis after baking
1) Preheat oven to 350F
2) In a electric mixer, blend together eggs, sugar,vanilla and honey.
3) Bring butter to room temp and beat with whisk till smooth.
4) Sift together flour,baking powder and salt. Roughly chop the Pistachios and keep aside.
5) Mix the butter with eggs -sugar- honey.Add the flour and mix together.Add the Pistachios to the dough. Form into a soft dough.Mix only till everything comes together well.Oil your hands if necessary as the dough will be sticky.
6) Form into a 'log' shape and bake on buttered cookie sheet at 350F for 25 mins( till it becomes hard on outside and golden brown). Let the log cool.
7) Bring oven temperature to 325F.
8) Cut diagonally and place cut side down on cookie sheet. Sprinkle little (1-2 pinches) sugar on cut side.Bake again at 325F for 7 mins.Turn on the other side and bake again for 7 mins.
9) Let the Biscottis cool.Store in airtight container.
Enjoy the crunchy biscottis with mild sweet flavor with your favorite cup of Tea or Coffee!