2-4 Tilapia fish fillet(depending on the size)
1/2 cup fine rava/semolina
1tbsp maida/all purpose flour
Green Chutney/ Marinade
This marinade/Chutney can be used to prepare 'Hara Chicken Kabobs'/ Green Chicken kabobs/Green Tandoori chicken
1/4 cup fresh ground coconut/frozen coconut
1/4th cup chopped cilantro
1-2 green chilies(depends on how spicy you want)
2 clove garlic
1/4th tsp Tamarind extract/paste
Grind the above into fine paste
1) Wash the tilapia fillet. Dry well on paper towel.
2) Marinate the fish with the green chutney.Leave for 10 mins
3) In a flat dish mix together semolina and all purpose flour.Add little salt to the mixture.Gently put the fish in the dish and coat on both sides.Press gently to help the coating to stick.
4) On a non stick flat pan, heat some oil. Fry the fish on medium heat for 2-3 mins on both sides or until cooked. The coating will turn golden brown. Handle the fish gently otherwise it will break.The rava/ semolina will give it slight crispiness.
5) Serve as a side dish/ Main dish or even with Chapati (that's how we mostly ate it back home)
<>For Green Chicken Kababs/ Green Chicken Tandoor
1) Marinate the chicken in the above green marinade for 2-3 hrs in the refrigerator.Add few drops of lemon juice/ 2tsp Yogurt to the marinade.
2) Roast in the oven at 325 F for 40-45 mins or until well done.