That day...I did try some different dishes...On the menu was.....Sweet Potato kees, Varyachya tandul dosa with peanut chutney,Kutchi beer (http://www.my-kitchens-aroma.blogspot.com/2012/10/sizzle-from-guest-kitchen-guest-pooja.html) and these Sweet tasting Potato pattice stuffed with coconut-cashews and raisin filling.It was a fulfilling, delicious and satisfying meal from start to finish!!
3 medium potatoes boiled and mashed well
Ghee for shallow frying
1 cup fresh grated coconut/frozen coconut
1/2 cup sugar( add more for sweeter taste)
1/4 cup jaggery
1tsp poppy seeds
1/2tsp cardamon powder
1/4tsp nutmeg powder
1/4 cup cashew and raisins
1) To the well mashed potatoes add 3tsp sugar and knead well.
2) Heat 1tsp ghee in a pan, add the coconut, jaggery and sugar and cook for 5-8 mins, till all the sugar melts and the mixture thickens.
3) Add the remaining ingredients to the filling.
4) Make lemon size balls of the potato. Flatten them and make a well in the center. Place a tsp of the sweet coconut. Cover from all sides with the potato filling.
5) Shallow fry on ghee till golden from both sides.