We took "D' their dance instructor on a lunch treat.'Johnny Carinos' was the place by choice. Mostly everyone opted for the soup/salad and entree option. I ordered the Tomato Florentine soup and Spicy Chicken Flatbread.Yummm Yuummm Yummooo. The creamy tomato soup in the chilly fall weather...just PUUURRRFECCT!!!
Last night, for dinner at "A''s ....made a Super Easy version of Creamy Tomato Basil soup..and SLURPPP...everyone loved it to the last drop:)
2 cans "Condensed tomato soup"
1.5 cups milk
3tbsp Cream cheese at room temperature
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1clove garlic minced
1 tsp dried basil leaves
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4tsp red chili powder
Fresh Basil leaves for garnish
1) Saute the onion and garlic in 1tsp butter till translucent.
2) Add the canned tomato soup and milk.
3) Add the black pepper, chili powder, salt, sugar, basil leaves and simmer the soup on low for 3-4 mins.
4) Stir in cream cheese. Mix with a wisk for 5-8 mins, until all the cheese is nicely blended.Or you can use a hand blender
5) Garnish with fresh basil. Serve hot with crunchy croutons!!