So for the tea party I planned a menu of ---This Eggless Mango cake with simple glaze, Dabeli (http://my-kitchens-aroma.blogspot.com/2009/11/chatpata-chaat-kutchi-dabeli.html), Bruschetta (recipe coming soon to the blog) , toast topped with sweet Ricotta cheese mixture and pineapples and then chip,cookies etc to munch.
This eggless cake...I tried out for the first time...and it was my recipe!!!! Yipeeeeee!!!! It came out DELICIOUS, moist, soft and tasted sooooo good....I myself can't stop eating it!!
(I had doubled this recipe and baked 2 cakes---- one 8 inch round cake and one bundt cake)
1 and 1/2 cup All Purpose flour
3/4th cup sugar
1tsp baking soda
1tsp vanilla extract
1/3rd cup Canola oil
1tbsp vinegar (Add just few drops less than 1tbsp.....it prevents that 'vinegar' taste)
3/4th cup Cold water
1/4th cup Mango Puree( I used Swad Kesar Mango pulp)
1/4th cup (Finely cubed 'Mexican' Mango found in walmart or other grocery stores)
For the glaze
1/2stick unsalted butter
1 and 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1) Sift the flour, sugar etc separately.Then measure correctly with a measuring cup.Don't over fill the cups.
Pre heat the oven to 350F
2) Mix together dry ingredients-flour, sugar, baking soda, salt etc
3) Mix together wet ingredients- water, oil,vinegar, mango puree, vanilla etc
4) Mix together the wet+ dry ingredients and stir in one direction till well blended
5) Stir in the cubed Mango pieces
6) Mix again.
7) Grease the pans with shortening and dust with flour.
8) Pour in the batter till 3/4th full.
9) Bake at 350 F for 20-25 mins until golden brown.
10) Let the cakes cool completely before glazing.
1) Melt butter. Mix together vanilla, powdered sugar and milk. Mix till smooth and shiny.
2) Pour over the cooled cake.