A quick evening snack on my mind as I was driving back from work. I have to admit how-much-ever I complain about my hour long commute, it fruitful at times. It is when I listen to my favorite songs.It is when I get to 'think' peacefully and 'too much' ;p (as I like to do). It is also, when I get these 'creative' ideas about 'blog' food!
So, I had this can of buttermilk biscuit dough sitting in the refrigerator. Molding it into 'braids' was fun and they looked so beautiful and made a yummy tea time snack!
1 Can of Jumbo Buttermilk biscuit dough (makes 8)
2 tsp Sesame seeds
1 tsp chopped cilantro and mint leaves
1 tsp Olive oil
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp finely minced garlic
1/4 tsp black ground pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1) Preheat oven to 375F
2) Roll out one biscuit dough circle. Cut into 3 parts.Roll into tube like.
3) Press together the 3 tubes at one end and weave into braids. Press the ends together firmly to stick.Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4) Brush with Olive oil.Sprinkle with Sesame seeds, salt, chili powder,garlic, cilantro and mint.
5) Bake in the pre heated oven for 8-10 mins, till golden brown
6) Serve immediately with your favorite sauce