We were just back from our first ever camping trip and wanted to cook something delicious but easy for our wedding anniversary.'E' had been been asking me to make 'Lasagna' for past few days..so I thought...it would be a perfect 'family favorite' dinner menu.....Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna followed by 'Dessert Shots'(store bought)
2 Cups frozen spinach thawed in the microwave
1.5 cups mozzarella cheese
1.5 cups Ricotta cheese(whole milk)
1.5 cup Pasta sauce (store bought or make your own)
8-10 'Oven ready' Lasagna sheets
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 Zucchini sliced into circles
1 Clove garlic minced finely
1/2 tsp Black ground pepper
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp Red chili powder/ Chili flakes
1) Pre heat the oven to 375 F
2) Mix together ricotta cheese, thawed spinach,eggs,garlic,pepper, Italian seasoning, salt, red chili powder, Parmesan cheese etc.
3) In a 9x9 oven safe dish, spread about 1/2 cup pasta sauce. Line 4 lasagna sheets length wise.
4) Spread generous amounts of Spinach-Ricotta mixture.Place the zucchini slices in single layer. Layer with lasagna sheets, pasta sauce, zucchini,spinach-ricotta, pasta sauce.
5) On the very top spread mozzarella cheese and some red chili flakes
6) Cover with aluminum foil.
7) Bake in the oven for 45 mins. Take out and let it rest for 10 mins before cutting.
8) Cut into squares and serve hot along withe extra Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top!
Dessert shots: They were super yummy with flavors like Tiramisu and strawberry shortcake and the perfect size for a dessert!