unmoved. I thought a 'quick' bread would be a good idea and will solve the 'what to give for snack' for the next few days atleast :)
This bread is not a 'bread' in real sense.But is something in between a 'cake' and 'bread'.It has a dense texture and a crusty top. Made with 'dried cherries'...it gives it a tangy surprise in between bites.
1.5 cups All Purpose flour
3/4 cup Sugar
6 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (plus few whole for topping)
1/2 cup Dried cherries
1/2 hot water
1/4 cup Dark cocoa powder
1/4 cup Chocolate chips
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1) Pre heat the oven to 350 F. Grease/coat a loaf pan with cooking spray and flour. Soak the dried cherries in hot water for 15 mins.
2) Beat the butter till fluffy.Add eggs and salt and beat till light.Add the sugar and beat for couple more mins.
3) Sieve together flour,baking powder and baking soda.Add few tbsp at a time to the butter-eggs mixture.Mix together.
4) Add the soaked cherries along with the warm water it was soaked in, chopped walnuts,chocolate chips,vanilla and mix completely
5) Pour into the loaf pan, garnish with walnuts and bake at 350 F for about 40 mins. Check with toothpick to see if the center is baked.
6) Remove from the pan and cut when cooled completely.
Serve as snack or dessert along with vanilla ice cream!