One of my favorite party appetizers are these beautiful looking and amazingly tasty ' Samosa Pinwheels '. What's not to like...
So, as I had mentioned earlier Saturday night was the 'Diwali Potluck'. I love these potlucks, first of all we get to meet all the ...
This is one of the easiest and prettiest dessert that you will ever make! My initial plan for New Years dessert was to bring some d...
I love the way some 'Cooking tips' and 'Tricks' spread from ear to ear...and then everyone around you..is making it the s...
"Beta aaj maine tumhare liye Gajar ka Halwa banaya hai" ....a typical old Bollywood movie dialogue. A dessert so typically '...
"Fusion Cooking/Cuisine " is created sometimes....for 'innovation' and sometimes just for 'convenience'. The exam...
"Add a variety of whole grains to your diet". ....was the message I gained from 'food' books I was reading.Really what...
Friday, May 14, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
Paneer Fish Pickle:
Let me clarify the name first....
This dish is actually vegetarian and has no fish whatsoever.The name comes from M's and my college time favorite restaurant in Pune..called 'Savera' on FC college road. They had this dish on menu and called it "Paneer Fish Pickle"....still don't know why. Paneer Chili fry seems to be a more apt name for the dish though!
M and I used to sneak out there sometimes for lunch and this one was our favorite. It was spicy, tangy ...more like a 'Chinese' dish and served with guess what......Naan!! Now that's fusion of both Indian and Chinese cuisines!
2 cups cubed Paneer
1 Onion thinly sliced vertically
1 Capsicum thinly sliced vertically
2-3 Green chilies sliced vertically(Add more for spicier taste)
2tsp ginger garlic paste
2tbsp Corn starch
1tbsp Soy sauce
2tsp Sweet and sour sauce/ Sweet chili sauce
1/2tsp black pepper
Cilantro for garnishing
Oil for frying
1) Mix together corn starch with little water.Add 1/4th tsp of the black pepper and some salt to make a smooth thick paste.
2) Rub the Paneer cubes with half the ginger-garlic paste
3) Dip the cubes in the corn starch mixture and deep fry till golden brown.Drain well on paper towel.Keep aside.
4) Heat 1tsp oil in a non stick pan.On high flame add the ginger garlic paste, onions, capsicum, chilies etc and stir fry a minute or two. The veggies should remain crisp.
5) Add the fried paneer cubes, soy sauce, ketchup,sweet sour sauce,black pepper,salt if needed and mix.
The dish should taste Spicy-Sour-Sweet. Adjust seasonings accordingly.
6) Turn off the heat and garnish with chopped green cilantro.
7) Serve hot as appetizers or with naan/roti etc.