Wondering what to make for dinner tonight..or perhaps just for a snack...want that to be healthy and nutritious and delicious all at the same time??? Manisha shared this recipe and it was pretty quick to make and best of all, my husband 'M' who is not a big 'oats fan' (actually he pretty much hates oats) could not tell, that the dosas were made with Oats!!!!
1 and 1/2 cups 'Quick' cooking oats
2-3 green chilies
2 garlic cloves
1tsp ginger paste
1tsp Cumin seeds
1/4 cup chopped onion
2tbsp Rice flour
oilOptional: Spinach or other grated veggies
1) Add enough water to the oats to cover them completely. Let them soak for 1/2 hr or so.
2) Grind along with ginger, garlic, cumin, green chilies, salt and other veggies(like spinach).Add rice flour and mix.
3) Heat a non stick griddle. Brush with oil.
4) Place a table spoon full of batter and spread into semi thin dosa. Sprinkle with some finely chopped onion.
5) Cook on both sides till golden brown.
These dosas are pretty 'soft' in texture and can made a nutritious snacks/ meal for kids too. Just omit the green chilies!