Sometimes baking involves 'luck' too, along with the 'technique'. At times my baking just fails...no matter how well I follow the recipe.For now....I can say....baking 'luck' is with me:))
1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour (sifted)
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1 tbsp Honey
2 medium ripe bananas mashed
1/3rd Cup Canola oil
1tsp Baking soda
1 and 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tbsp Vinegar(add few drops less than 1tbsp)
1/2 cup cold water
Sliced almonds for garnishing
1) Preheat the oven to 350F (preheating is very imp). Grease muffin pan with vegetable shortening. Apply liberally in all corners.Dust with all purpose flour to coat the pan.Or use cup cake liners.
2)First sift flour, sugar separately.Then by a spoon add to the measuring cup to measure exact amounts.Level with a knife.DO NOT pack the flour into the cup.The ratios will change and the cake will not come out as good.
3) Mix all the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls.
4) Mix them together in a single direction.Bubbles will appear as vinegar reacts with baking soda.Do not over mix.But all the lumps should be gone.Add the mashed bananas.Mix.Add to the muffin pan till 1/2 full.Garnish with almonds.
5) Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 mins.Do not open the door for first 12 mins atleast.
6) Check with a tooth pick, if the cake is done.The inserted toothpick should come out clean.
7) Flip on a serving platter carefully after cooling