Popular Recipes

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"Sweet Treats"- My Little MasterChef -Eshan's 'Ice Cream Sandwiches"


My Little Master ChefEshan Thete



This recipe comes from my own Kitchen.....but made by my little 'Eshan'!!! I think I did manage to pass some 'foodie' genes to him and yes... once in a while he loves helping me out in the kitchen.His favorite thing to do.... Roll out chapatis and decorate stuff with sprinkles....and yes...peeling boiled eggs...and DID I MENTION the... Making MESS yet???? Hahhah!
So....since we were not having the 'typical' Thanksgiving meal on Thanksgiving day.....we made our day special and sweet, with these little treats...
I thought this was a fun treat.....kids would love making it....and of course the whole family can enjoy a special dessert!!
For us.... Eshan made these cute sandwiches

Ingredients:
4 Cookies (We used oatmeal cookies to 'up' the nutrition)
2 scoops of your favorite ice cream ( We used the black walnut ice cream)
Sprinkles, chocolate chips or chopped nuts etc

Method:
1)  Place the cookies in the freezer for 15 mins to chill them.
2) Make a sandwich by placing a scoopful of ice cream on one cookie and covering with the second cookie.
3) Press the upper cookie just a little to make the sandwich compact.
4) Roll the sandwich into sprinkles or chocolate chips or chopped nuts.
5) Done!!!
Enjoy the special treat of crisp crunchy cookies and cold ice cream in between!

No comments:

Post a Comment