I am clearly at home today, and doing my most favorite thing...cooking and making something delicious and nutritious at the same time!!
A high protein snack doesn't have to be non vegetarian or boring. These super tasty balls made with mukimame + green beans + oats with a cheesy corn filling made in my favorite "Appe Pan"...will surely make everyone in the family happy:))
1 cup frozen mukimame
3/4 cup frozen green peas
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup bread crumbs or 3 bread slices
1/3 cup Sooji (cream of wheat)
3 tsp( Ginger+ garlic+ green chili paste)
3 tsp chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp cumin
1 cup corn kernels
1/2 cup (Cheddar + Parmesan cheese)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1) Microwave the mukimame and green peas for 3 mins. Grind them in the mixer along with oats, ginger-garlic- green chili paste and cilantro.
2) Mix the bread crumbs/ crushed bread slices, sooji, salt,cumin and form into dough. You can add more oats/sooji if the dough is loose.
3) Mix corn kernels, cheeses and chili powder
4) Form the mukimame dough into balls and stuff with corn and cheese filling.
4) Heat appe pan on low to medium heat.Add few drops of oil. Place the mukimame green peas balls in the appe pan.Cover with lid.Cook till golden brown on one side.Then flip and cook on the other side with a drop or two of oil.
5) Serve hot along with ketchup/ hot and sweet chili sauce!!
A tasty and high protein snack with warm cheesy filling ....yummmm ooo!