To make these, I used the left over "Pedha dough"(3 minute condensed milk pedhas) from the "Pedha Diyas"(http://www.my-kitchens-aroma.blogspot.com/2012/11/treats-for-diwali-pedha-diyas.html) that
I made couple days ago and made a simple butter-sugar icing to make those pretty flowers!
Pedha dough (recipe below)
Icing (recipe below)
Decorating Edible Pearls ( Bought them from 'Cake decorating section' of a grocery store)
Here is the recipe for 3 minute Pedhas:
( I halved the recipe for these Pedhas)
1/4 stick butter (at room temperature)
5tbsp powdered sugar (plus little extra)
few drops of orange color/ red and yellow color(mix 4 red to 2 yellow to make orange color)
few drops vanilla essence
Zip lock bag and icing tip
1) Mix the butter and powdered sugar till smooth and without any lumps.It should make 'icing' consistency) easy enough to be squeezed from zip lock bag.Add more sugar if needed.
2) Add the orange color and vanilla essence to the icing and mix.
3) Cut the tip of zip lock bag(small enough for the icing tip to come through). Place the icing tip inside.Fill the bag with orange icing.
4) Squeeze out icing in shape of a flower. One dot in the center and 5 dots around it.
5) Place one edible pearl in the center of each flower
6) Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.