Wish You All a Very Happy Diwali 2012!!
Festival of Lights
1 stick unsalted butter+ little to butter the molds
2 cups milk powder (Use Nestle Nido if you can find)
1- 14oz can Sweetened Condensed milk
2tbsp milk with saffron
Colored Sugar( I used yellow)
1) Bring the butter to room temperature.
2) In a microwave safe dish, mix butter, milk powder, condensed milk and flavorings of your choice.
3) Microwave for 3 mins.At each 1 min interval, mix everything together.
4) Let it cool,then form into traditional round pedhas or mold into various shapes.
5) I molded them into "Diya" shape
6) Used a toothpick to make the 'rim' design
8) Or dip a straw in the color and make design on the Diyas
9) Pour some colored sugar in the center of the Diya