Popular Recipes

Friday, November 6, 2009

"Appetizers"- Spinach-Artichoke Phyllo cups


Couple days ago....I was just browsing through freezer section isles of 'Wegmans' and came across this appetizer.Since 'Thanksgiving' is approaching there was a variety of 'hors d'oeuvre' which were either ...ready to bake, ready to fill or ready to serve.It is amazing how many types of appetizers you can put together without much effort.And its literally 'feast for the eyes' as they all look so delicious and tempting.
Their is so much variety in 'semi' ready made foods here in USA....it makes your life so much easy! Unlike in India...you pretty much make everything from scratch.If and when I go back to India...it is definately on back of my mind to start a business like 'Making semi ready foods' for freezers and also 'Gerber' like Indian baby meals! Hahaa....what plans I have!
 Anyways..
I remembered I had some phyllo cups left in my own freezer from the time I made 'Baklava cups' . Immediately next day I tried these out with frozen spinach and artichoke(marinated artichoke quarters) that I had. It tasted good and offered textural contrast of soft spinach-arichoke filling to the crisp crunchy phyllo cups. These Phyllo cups are surely a ' great ' find..you can fill it up with so many things....sweeet/ savory and it all tastes good!
Ingredients:
12 Phyllo cups
1/2 cup frozen spinach thawed & drained or 1 cup fresh spinach sauted and drained
1/4cup cooked marinated artichoke hearts
1/4cup chopped onion
1tsp mayonnaise
1/4 cup shredded cheese (Pepper jack)
1 clove garlic crushed
1/8tsp black pepper
1/2tsp oil
salt

Method
1) Heat 1tsp oil, add crushed garlic,onion, saute for 1-2 mins.
2) Add the spinach and artichoke hearts,mix.Take off the heat .Let cool for 2-3 mins.
3)Add black pepper, salt,mayonnaise mix again.
4) Pre heat oven to 350F.
5) Add spoonfull spinach artichoke mixture to the phyllo cups.Top with shredded cheese.
6) Bake for 8-10 mins till cheese melts and phyllo cups become golden brown
8) Serve immediately.

Note:
I took the above picture before baking in the oven. It just looks prettier with the shredded cheese before melting!






No comments:

Post a Comment