Anyways.....yesterday I went to dinner at 'T' and 'S'....and I took along these Tikkis with me.
These 'Macchi' Tikkis ( my father would mostly call fish as 'macchi') are a great way to finish up the remaining 1-2 fillets of fish in the freezer that remain ....which won't be enough for the next meal...and you don't know what to do with it.
Here is USA, you get fish fillets and hence makes it much easier to make the tikkis.In India my mom would have to sit and take out all the bones from the cooked fish ,before she could make the 'fish' filling.
For the filling:
2 Tilapia fish fillets
1/4th cup chopped cilantro
1green chili finely chopped (add more for spicy tikkis)
1/4 tsp black ground pepper
1/2tsp Tandoor chicken masala
1/4tsp garlic paste
For the cover:
4 boiled potatoes mashed well
1/2tsp cumin seeds
1/4th cup bread crumbs
1/2tsp garlic paste
1) Rub salt and black pepper on to the fish.Fry on little oil on both sides.Fry till the fish is 'opaque' and well cooked.
2) To the cooked fish add green chilies, garlic paste, tandoor chicken masala,cilantro.Break the fish into small pieces.This is the filling for the tikkis.
3) To the mashed potatoes add cumin, garlic paste,bread crumbs, salt and knead like a dough.
4) Make lemon size balls of the covering and stuff with spoon full of fish filling.
6) Shallow fry on little oil till golden brown.
7) Serve hot with Maggie 'Hot and sweet chili sauce'.Enjoy!!!