After the 'Peach-Cranberry Chunda Hot and Sweet pickle"(http://my-kitchens-aroma.blogspot.com/2012/06/blog-post.html)....that I made the other day..here is one more 'Peachy Recipe'..that you will love.
The cake came out PERFECT!!! So Peachy...so Delicious.....so Moist .....So Spongy....with that Simple Glaze drizzle on top and the Nutty Crunchy Almonds!!
1 and 1/2 Cup All purpose flour
1 cup + 2 tbsp Sugar
1 cup Finely chopped ripe peaches with the juice
1/3 Cup oil
1/2tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2tsp Cinammon powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 cup toasted Almond Chips ( Toast the chips in microwave for 1min)
For the Glaze:
1/2 stick unsalted butter
3/4th cup powdered sugar
1/2tsp Vanilla extract
1.5 tbsp milk
Melt butter and mix powdered sugar, milk, vanilla. Mix till smooth and shiny.Fill in Zip lock bag for drizzling on cooled cake later.
1) Pre heat the oven to 350F.
2) Coat a Bundt pan/ 8 inch round pan with vegetable shortening.
3) To the chopped peaches add 2tbsp sugar.Keep aside for 20-30 mins for maceration.
4) Sieve all the dry ingredients twice.Mix all the dry ingredients.
5) Beat the eggs with hand whisk/ hand beater for 4 mins till nice and foamy. Very imp step!!
3) Add oil,vanilla to the eggs.
4) Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Gently fold.
5) Add the macerated peaches.Gently mix
6) Pour into the coated pan.
7) Bake at 350 F for 25-30 mins till light brown and baked through.Check --Inserted toothpick should come out clean.
1) Remove cooled cake in the serving platter.
2) Cut off very small tip of the glaze filled zip lock bag.
3) Drizzle over the cake.
4) Sprinkle toasted almond chips.
Enjoy the delectable peachy peach cake!!!!