Since I so badly wanted to try those out, for my birthday 'M' suggested that we make those for dinner. We changed the recipe here and there to suit our tastes and the outcome was ...TERRIFIIIIICCCC!!!!
We tried the same Tandoori Chicken in Naan and in Tandoori Rotis.....and we polled that the Tandoori Chicken-Tandoori Roti Quesadillas were a notch above! (Sorry I don't have any pictures for that combo:(
We also tried the same with 'Tandoori Paneer- Naan ' Quesadillas.....and they turned out just as good. Just substitute Chicken with Paneer in the recipe
1) For Tandoor Chicken -
2 cups of boneless Chicken cut into big pieces(OR use Paneer Cubes)
1tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
2tsp Tandoori Chicken masala
1tsp Red chili powder(add more for spicier chicken)
1/2tsp Turmeric powder
2tsp Lemon Juice
1/2tsp Ground black pepper
Marinate the chicken pieces with all of the above for 2 hours, in the refrigerator.
1 Onion thinly sliced
1 Green Pepper/Capsicum thinly sliced
1/2tsp black ground pepper
2tsp olive oil
Shallow fry the onion and green pepper in oil till just cooked.Add salt and pepper and keep aside
3) Naan/ Tandoori Rotis (I used the frozen ones)
4) Shredded cheese ( I used the Mexican style blend of -Monterey jack,Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla and Asadero cheese)
5) Olive oil
1) Thaw the frozen naan/ rotis in the refrigerator
2) Pre heat the oven to 375 F/ ~190C
3) Oil a baking sheet and place the marinated Chicken on the sheet.The pieces should not touch each other.Spread them out. Bake at 375 F for about 20-25 mins(For Paneer bake for 10-12 mins or so).Broil for 2 mins to slightly brown the chicken.Let it cool. Shred with hand into pieces to place in the Quesadillas.
4) Take a Naan/ Roti, place some onion-green pepper on the naan/roti, some shredded chicken and some Cheese. Toast on a skillet with some olive oil. Toast till golden brown and the cheese has melted
5) Cut into squares/ Wedges and Serve Sizzling HOT!!