Since a long time, I had been wanting this 'Appe' pan, and finally I have it!!!
1.5 Cups brown rice
0.5 Cup white rice
1 cup Urad daal
1 Finely chopped Onion
2 -4 green chilies finely chopped
1tbsp chopped cilantro
1 tsp cumin
1) Soak brown rice, white rice and daal separately for 5-6 hrs. Grind them into a fine paste and mix.
2) Let the batter ferment overnight.
3) Brush the Appe pan with oil and keep on the hot stove.
4) Add the chopped onion,green chilies, cilantro,salt and cumin to the batter.
5) Add 2tsp batter to the appe pan and cook with lid on for 2-3 mins.Turn the appe gently with a wooden dowel/ spoon.
6) Add a few drops oil. Let it cook for 1-2 mins till golden brown.
7) Serve hot with your favorite chutney and sambar!