So.....in the holidays..'M' had been asking me that he wanted to bake cake either for Christmas or New years. Due to my laziness, I kept postponing it.....will do it later..will do it tomorrow...were my answers.
Next day it was upto me....to do the rest.....icing ...decoration and make it look prettier! The cake came out really good ( Betty Crocker and 'M' you are the best!) ....and we further enhanced the moistness with a 'Spray' of coffee ( recipe follows) and the 'Icing on the Cake' was a creamy delicious blend of Cream cheese, Ricotta cheese and butter...and sugar! We enjoyed this dessert on New Years Eve along with some Good Friends, Laughter and a Game of Cards!
For the Cake
1 packet Betty Crocker 'Chocolate Fudge' cake mix
For the 'Spray'
1 tsp instant coffee powder
1/2 cup water
For the Icing:
3/4 packet of 8 oz Cream cheese
1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
3/4 - 1 cup powdered sugar ( add as per the sweetness desired)
2-4 tbsp milk
1tsp vanilla extract
Few brown M and M's
1 and 1/2 Hersheys Dark Chocolate bar Grated/ Curled
1) Bake the cake as per directions on the packet. Let it cool completely.
3) Cut the cake carefully into 3 layers with a big knife or cake layer cutter.Place all three layers on different plates.Place the last /bottom layer on the stand you want to present the cake on.
4) Spray the layers generously with coffee mixture.Let it soak for 15 mins.
5) Mean time, mix together cream cheese, ricotta cheese, butter, sugar,vanilla and whip well with hand blender or a stand mixer. Mix till well blended, smooth and creamy.Add milk to adjust consistency.
6) Spread the frosting on the bottom most layer.Spread with a spatula evenly.
7) Place the next layer on top and repeat the same.Place the third and final layer and generously cover with the icing. Spread evenly and smoothly.