During the vacation to Mexico...got to try some new finger licking delicious food....Mahi-Mahi and Grouper, the authentic fajitas ,crepe burritos, tomatillo salas..yummm yummmm yummmm.
Now that I am back, I am back in my kitchen....and here's what we had for dinner last night.....
This was a pretty easy to make pasta, no sauces involved....and you can substitute with any other veggies that you like! But this combination worked well and the cherry tomatoes made the dish 'pop' with color!
4 fist fulls thin Spaghetti or Angel Hair pasta
1 cup sliced button mushrooms
8-10 cherry tomatoes
1tsp finely chopped garlic
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Romano cheese
2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO...as said by Rachael Ray!)
1/2tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp dried basil. fresh basil
1/4tsp Black ground pepper
1/2tsp Red Pepper flakes
1tbsp chopped cilantro/Parsley
1) Boil the spaghetti with ample amounts of water and salt as directed on the packet.Drain well.
2) Heat 2 tbsp olive oil, add the garlic, mushrooms.Saute till the mushrooms cook a little.Add the tomatoes
and saute gently.Do not over cook, otherwise the tomatoes will be mushy.
3) Add the seasonings,spices, salt and the drained spaghetti.Toss gently.
4) Add the Parmesan cheese, cilantro/parsley and toss.
5) Serve hot along with Soup/ garlic bread/salad. Drizzle extra olive oil or Parmesan cheese if you like!