A Twist on the old favorite!
To keep up with the ever changing tastes of the world...you have to change yourself ....so that you accommodate within the new world....
Recipe Idea: Manisha
Like you see many sweets getting a new face and getting served in different combinations....these "Gulab Jamun with Sweet Ricotta filling' serve as a perfect example.....( Gulab Jamun with Malai pedha in the center) The others would be- Gulab Jamun with Vanilla ice cream, or warm Vermicelli kheer with cold icecream or Burfis molded into shapes of fruits and vegetables, Rasgulla sandwiches...
I had seen,'M' made these for her daughter's birthday and everyone was crazy about these little bundles of goodness! She had made the Gulab Jamun's little larger than usual and fried them on more darker side to get a good visual effect of brown jamun's with plain white ricotta filling.
1) Gulab Jamun mix of your choice( Gits/ Deep/ Chitale)
2) Sugar syrup ( 1 and 1/2 cups sugar and 1 cup water) Add rose essence/ Saffron/ Cardamon
3) 1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
4) 3 tsp milk powder
5) 3-4 tsp sugar
1) Make the Jamun's as directed on the packet
Make the Jamun's the size of a small table tennis ball and fry them a little longer than usual to get a dark brown color
2) Soak into the sugar syrup which is little thicker than normal.( 1 and 1/2 cup sugar to 1 cup water)
3) After 15-20 mins, carefully pull out the jamun from the syrup and let it sit on a plate
4)Ricotta Filling: Meanwhile heat a non stick pan and heat 1/2tsp ghee.Add the ricotta cheese and let it cook for 15-20 mins on low flame till it solidifies. Add the milk powder and sugar and continue to cook till dough like.
5) Cut the Jamun in the center about 3/4th through.Fill with 1/2tsp of the ricotta filling
6) Do the same for the remaining Jamuns.