Totally went for it with some modifications...and let me tell ya...you are not going to miss that butter/ oil in those yummyliciously nutritious muffins!
They are so moist with the bananas and apple sauce....And the whole wheat flour,the flax seed meal and the walnuts make them 'good for you'!! The Feel good Indulgence!!
2 ripe Bananas
4 oz Applesauce
1/2 cup Whole Wheat flour
1/2 cup All purpose flour
1tbsp Flax seed meal
1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
1/4 cup Dark chocolate chips
3/4 cup Sugar
1tsp Baking powder
1tsp Baking soda
Few Walnuts chopped
1) Preheat the oven to 375F. Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners
2) Mash the banana with fork and potato masher.Mix applesauce, egg and sugar with the bananas.
3) Sift all the dry ingredients together.
4) Mix the wet and dry ingredients just till well combined.DO NOT OVERMIX!
5) Fold in the chocolate chips and stir twice.
6) Pour in the muffin pans till 3/4th full. Add few chopped walnuts on top. Makes 12 muffins
7) Bake at 375F for 20 mins.Check with toothpick if properly baked. The toothpick should come out clean.
You will love indulging yourself into the chocolaty goodness that is so good for you ...they truly are Yummylicously Nutritious!!!