Nuts about Almonds????? Well...you should be!!
Almonds are regarded as one of the healthiest nuts. They are rich in Manganese, Vitamin E and many other nutrients. Here is more information on the health facts about almonds:
1 Cup Whole Grain Oats
1/2 cup Brown Rice puffs
1/2 cup Almonds sliced
1/4 cup Almond meal(almonds ground into powder)
1/3 cup Almond Butter
1/4 cup Wheat germ
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
Handful of Raisins
1 tsp Vanilla
Honey for drizzling(optional)
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp water
1) Toast the oats and sliced almonds at 325 F for 5-10 mins or toast in the microwave for 2-3 mins.The oats should be light brown and the almonds should be crunchy.
2) Heat brown sugar and water in a pan slightly till sugar melts.Add almond butter and stir.
3) Mix the toasted oats, brown rice puffs,almond meal,wheat germ,raisins, almonds,salt,vanilla,oil etc. Pour the sugar and almond butter mixture.Mix together.
4) Line a 9*13 inch pan with aluminum foil.Spray the foil with non stick spray.Preheat oven to 325F.
5) Press the mixture into the pan.Bake at 325 F for 15-20 mins.
6) Drizzle the bars with honey ( for sweeter taste) and if they haven't bound well.
7) Cut into bars.Makes 12 bars.Store in airtight container.