So, last week I made this Sheera for the 'Mantra Mugdha Assemblage" at our house. The 'pumpkiny' taste was not that apparent....and they didn't guess the Butternut Squash in it.But everyone said....it tasted different but Delicious!!! Also, the orange hue that the butternut squash imparted to the Sheera...... was gorgeous!
1 Cup grated Butternut Squash
1 Cup Sooji/Rava
1/2 cup + 1 tsp butter/Ghee p
3/4 cup Sugar
1tsp Cardamom powder
1/2tsp nutmeg powder
1 Cup Milk
1 cup Water
Raisins for the garnish
1) In 1tsp Ghee, saute the grated butternut squash till tender and cooked. Keep aside
2) Warm the milk and water together
3) Roast the sooji in 1/2 cup butter/ milk till very light golden color.
4) Add the warm milk, water and sauteed butternut squash. Keep lid and cook till the Sooji cooks.
5) Add the sugar, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and mix. Again keep lid and let it steam for 2-4 mins.
6) Form into molds and garnish with raisins and nuts if you like!