In order to make this meal of his..a bit more wholesome and nutritious...I am always looking for some good cookie recipes.
I found a Oatmeal Cookie Recipe on the box of Oatmeal that I buy. I made some modifications and here we have a "Oatmeal-Almond-Wheat Bran-Chocolate Chip" Cookie!!!
Ingredients- (makes about 18-20 large cookies)
1 stick unsalted butter
1 and 1/2 cup Quick cooking Oats
1/2 cup Wheat Bran
1/3 cup Finely Chopped Almonds/Almond meal
1/4 Cup Flax seed meal
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2tsp Baking soda
1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips/ Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat Oven to 375F. Grease Cookie Sheets.
2) Cream Butter and sugar until smooth.Beat eggs and vanilla in.
3) Combine and blend flour,wheat bran,flax seed meal, chopped almonds,baking soda, salt into the creamed mixture.Stir in the oats.Divide the batter into two. Add white chocolate chips to half and the brown chocolate chips to the other half.Mix till combined.
4) Drop on the cookie sheet by rounded spoon/scoop. Or round them with hand.
5) Bake for 10-12 mins. Check the cookies after 8 mins and make sure they don't burn! Adjust time accordingly!