This is another one ....a 'tad bit' healthier version of a butter cookie.
1 Cup All purpose flour
1 Cup Powdered sugar (heaped full cup)
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp unsalted butter (that is total of 9 tbsp butter)
1/2 cup Dry powdered coconut
1/4 cup Powdered Almonds
1/4 cup unprocessed Wheat bran
1/4 tsp Baking powder
1tsp Vanilla essence
Mini chocolate chips and chopped almonds for garnish
Preheat the oven to 300F
1) Bring butter to room temperature. Sieve the all purpose flour and baking powder.
2) Beat the butter till light( you can beat with a hand whisk) Add the powdered sugar and beat for few seconds.
3) Add the coconut powder, almond powder,wheat bran, all purpose flour, vanilla etc and make into a soft dough.
4) Refrigerate the dough for 15 mins.
5) Butter a cooking sheet. Make small round balls with the dough and flatten them slightly. Press almond chips/ chocolate chips in the center.
6) Bake at 300 F for 15-20 mins. Keep a watch. Do not let them brown much.
7) Let them cool completely before storing.
You will enjoy every bite of these crisp,nutty Cookies with a little bit of 'less' guilt:)