However, I managed to make this delicious steaming curry of Spinach and Chole....two of my favorite ingredients and also that made "E" have lunch at breakfast time (because he loved this curry along with his favorite Naan bread:))
4 Cups Spinach chopped and pureed
1 Cup Chick peas soaked and cooked (I used canned)
1 tomato chopped
1/2 onion chopped finely
1/2 cup milk/ cream
1.5 tsp Corn flour mixed in some water
1tsp Kitchen king masala
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp shah jeera
1/2tsp Garlic paste
1tsp Ghee/ butter
1) Heat oil in a pan, add the shah jeera, bay leaf, garlic paste and chopped onion. Fry till the onion is translucent.Add the chopped tomatoes and fry till well cooked.
2) Add the pureed spinach, milk and cornflour paste, mix and let it simmer till it thickens a little.
3) Add the rest of the spices, sugar, Chick peas and let it boil for few mins.
4) Add the butter/ ghee, cover and turn off the flame.
5) Serve steaming hot with naan/ chapati or Rice