This is one of the easiest and prettiest dessert that you will ever make! My initial plan for New Years dessert was to bring some dessert shells and do some kind of berry sauce to go top of them along with ice-cream or homemade whipped cream. But as usual, no dessert shells to be found in the grocery store! But I did find 'lady fingers' (soft spongy mini cakes that are used in desserts like Tiramisu) and so came the idea of assembling a easy breezy beautiful Ice cream cake with Vanilla and Chocolate ice-cream layers and top with fresh berries. I wish I had used strawberry ice-cream instead of vanilla to give more color contrast to the cake.
What you need:
Lady Fingers- 2 packets
Vanilla ice cream (or Strawberry ice-cream will make it more colorful and prettier)
Chocolate ice cream
Fresh berries ( I used raspberries and black berries)
How to assemble the cake:
1) Soften the ice-creams in the refrigerator for 1/2 to 1 hour.
2) Line the loaf pan with plastic wrap. Then line up the lady fingers on the side and bottom of the
3) Spoon the soften vanilla/strawberry ice-cream to cover the bottom and smoothen it out.Layer with few lady fingers. Then spoon in softened chocolate ice cream.
Smoothen the top of the ice-cream. With a fork make lines on the ice cream top to make criss-cross patterns. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze the pan in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
5) When ready to serve, garnish with fresh berries of your choice.
6) Slice horizontally to cut and serve with extra berries! Enjoy the ice cream cake with your loved ones :)
Wish You All a Very Happy, Healthy and Delicious New Year!