Popular Recipes

Saturday, August 17, 2019

My first Instant Pot Recipe!!! Instant Pot Chole



Instant Pot Chole




I know I know.... I am jumping onto the “Instant Pot” bandwagon super duper late.😬
But thanks to a very thoughtful gift from a dear friend... I am finally onboard!!! And so excited!!! 😁😁


Okay ... So today was The Day!!! 😀 Made Chole in my new IP! 
And they turned out Peeeerfeccttt!!! 
So tender and flavorful😋😋. I was skeptical whether they will come out perfect in 15 mins pressure cook time plus natural steam release that I set on the IP (since most recipes called for 35 min pressure cook time), but they cooked so well without under cooking or being mushy 👌 They could have had slightly less water, but we didn’t mind the soupy chole. Dinner was a hit! 👌





Recipe-
2 cups soaked Chole
2 onions finely chopped
2 tomatoes finely chopped
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
Badshah Chole masala
Red chili powder
Turmeric
Cumin, Bay leaf
Salt
Oil 

- Sauté the onion, tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, cumin, bay leaf for 6-8 mins in sauté function on some oil.

- Add chole masala, red chili powder, turmeric, salt . Sauté for 2-3 more mins

- Add soaked chole and water. 

- Pressure cook on high pressure for 15 mins. Let the pressure release naturally. 

- Tadah... by the time you make rotis... Chole are cooked and ready!







No comments:

Post a Comment