One thing I haven't tasted and probably never want to is...Chicken dessert!
Oh wait....who would make that? I know..they make 'Turkey Ice-cream...yes you read right..TURKEY ICECREAM..in the 'Iron Chef ' competitions on food network! Who would want to eat that????
Not me atleast!!!!!!!
After 2 weeks of not buying chicken...because of the movie we watched (Food Inc) about slaughtering and mass production of meat.....this week....I went back to buying chicken.....
I made this Chicken Jalfrezi with boneless chicken that I had purchased. 'Chicken Jalfrezi' is a dish with thick sauce and veggies like Onion,Green pepper and tomatoes'.The spicyness can differ from mild tasting to spicy.
1lb Boneless chicken tenders
1 onion finely chopped
1 onion cut into bite size pieces
1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
1-2 fresh tomatoes cut into bite size pieces
1 green pepper cut into bite size pieces
1/4 cup Spring onion/green onions
1/2tsp Garam masala
1/2tsp Cumin-coriander powder
1/4tsp chili powder
1/2tsp ginger garlic paste
1/8tsp black pepper
Cilantro for garnishing
1) Cut the boneless chicken into bite size pieces.Marinate with ginger-garlic paste, salt and turmeric.Leave for 1/2 hr.
2) Heat 1/2tsp oil on high flame.Add the bite size cut veggies.Fry for couple mins.The veggies should remain crisp.Remove the veggies in a plate.Sprinkle 1-2 pinches salt and pepper.
2) Heat 1/2tsp oil again in the same pan.Add the marinated chicken pieces.Fry till golden brown.Remove in a plate.
3) Heat 1/2tsp oil, add cumin, finely chopped onion and fry. Add the crushed tomatoes,fry till the onion and tomatoes come together.Add the remaining spicesand salt,little water and let it boil. The curry is pretty thick.
4) Add back the chicken, cook for 2-3 mins.Add back the veggies and cook for 1-2 mins.Turn off the heat.
5) Add cut spring onions, cilantro for garnishing.
6) Enjoy warm with Chapati/ Naan/ Rice.
1) Cashews and raisins can be added to give a 'special' touch to the dish.