Prachi was one of the contestants of the 'Taste of Columbus' Cooking contest. She made these incredible 'Indian style Zucchini Patties" for the 'Spice Fusion ' Category, where you had to make an Indian dish using ingredient that was not so typical in Indian cooking. What I loved most about the patties was, the texture of the crust! It was so crispy and crunchy and stayed so for a long time!! Prachi had dipped them in corn starch batter and then coated them with bread crumbs.This was a neat idea!!
The patties looked so tempting and mouth watering and all the spectators were drooling...just looking at them!!!
1/2tbsp red chili powder
1/2tb cumin powder
1 and 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp corn starch
salt and black pepper for taste
oil for frying
Tamarind Sauce to go along with the patties
1) Grate the zucchinis.Mix zucchini, red chili powder, cumin, salt pepper and 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
2) Mix 1/4 cup water and corn starch
3) Form the zucchini mixture into small patties
4) Dip each pattie into the corn starch mixture and then into the remaining 1 cup of bread crumb mixture
5) Fry in hot oil for about 2 mins on each side till golden brown.
6) Serve hot along with tamarind sauce or ketchup!