Popular Recipes

Monday, April 16, 2012

"Sweet Treats"- White Chocolate Bark with Pistachios,Almonds and Cranberries


I had seen Ina Garten ( Food Network) make this a long time ago. It looked so pretty and yet so easy to make..I had decided to try it out! It was my friend 'A's b'day and I was looking for some 'sweets' to carry along with the gift. This was a perfect thing to carry along ...looked so pretty,tasted delicious with those nuts and cranberries and was 'homemade' after all!
Chocolate Bark--
 According to 'baking bites'  a chocolate bark is- Chocolate bark is actually a sheet of chocolate that is usually covered with nuts, dried fruits, candies or even additional pieces of chocolate. Its is rustic looking in the sense that it is just thrown together, not laid out with a specific pattern to how the ingredients are placed, and it is broken into shards of various sizes to serve. The name “bark” starts to seem much less unusual when you see a box full of chocolate shards that actually do bear a slight resemblance to rough pieces of tree bark – albeit tasty tree bark.

 Recipe-
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/white-chocolate-bark-recipe/index.html
1) I followed Ina Garten's recipe but used toasted Pistachios and almonds and dried cranberries as the additions to the white chocolate.
2) I toasted the nuts in microwave safe plate in the microwave
3) I used vanilla flavored white chocolate waffers as my white chocolate.

Recipe Verdict:
Loved the crunchy toasted nuts with the luscious white chocolate
Pretty easy to make...looks good too!
Will I make it again: Yes for sure!



1 comment: