Now that we are back, and having being missed by my kitchen for 4 days (just kidding!)...I made these Lovely Crunchy Colorful- Cranberry-Almond-Pistachio Biscottis ( my all time favorite!!!) to warm up the oven!
3 and 1/2 cups All purpose flour
5 Tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
3 large eggs
1and 1/4th cup granulated sugar
3tsp Baking Powder
1/2 cup Chopped Almonds and Pistachios
1/3rd cup chopped dried Cranberries
1tsp Vanilla essence
1) Cream together butter,oil,salt and sugar.Add the eggs and beat again till well blended and smooth
2)Preheat oven to 350F and grease a cookie sheet evenly.
3) Add rest of the ingredients to the creamed butter.Make into a soft dough.
4) Roll into logs and flatten them.
5) Bake at 350F for 25 min. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 mins.Turn the oven down to 325F
6) Slice the baked log horizontally or at an angle with a sharp knife.
7) Place the cut-up Biscottis flat on the cookie sheet and 're bake' at 325 F for 10-12 mins until slight golden.Do not let them brown!! Remove from oven promptly.
8) Let them cool on the cookie sheet it self. Store in airtight container.