At home, anything made with 'Oats' is frowned upon by everyone except me ;0
But to my surprise.... these cookies are a WINNER ! They have been liking it and munching on them with a smile on their faces. Being made with oatmeal and whole wheat flour.....a sure score for me!
When I looked up few recipes of oatmeal cookies, I was under the impression that Oats cookies are usually on the softer side of the texture. But these ones turned out Crunnnchy!! How can anyone not like this Chocolaty-Nutty-Crunchy yumminess!!
I combined a bunch of recipes to get this recipe:
3.5 cups quick oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose four
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup slivered almonds
2 whole eggs
2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1) Pre heat oven to 350 F. Slightly butter 2 large cookie baking sheets.
2) With electric mixer or hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.Add the eggs, vanilla and cream some more.
3) Sift the flour,salt, baking powder, cocoa powder.Add to the creamed mixture and mix. Add the oatmeal and mix till combined.
4) Scoop the cookie batter onto baking sheets or form into flat rounds with hand and place onto cookie sheet. Press slivered almonds on top.
5) Bake at 350 F for 12-14 mins until crisp. Remove from oven and let it cool on baking sheets.
Enjoy the crispy crunchy wholesome cookie!