I like chinese food...but have yet to discover these 'authenticities' of the great cuisine.....
So....I liked the idea of 'Surprise factor'. My mom made 'Idlies'( fermented rice+lentil cakes) with chutney in the center.She would pour some batter in the stand, then some chutney and then batter again.The 'Idlies' were steamed along with the chutney in the center.They tasted delicious!
Just as a simple try....I made Aloo Tikki's , but stuffed them with Coconut-Mint Chutney.They look like 'Normal' aloo tikkis from outside, but when you bite into them, you get a 'surprise' of Spicy Coconut-mint chutney!!!
For Aloo Tikki:
2-3 Potatoes and mashed smoothly
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
1/4tsp Ajwain seeds
1/4 tsp garlic paste
1/4tsp chili powder
2tbsp Bread crumbs
oil to fry
For Coconut-Mint Chutney
1/3 cup fresh coconut
2tbsp mint paste
2-3 green chilies
1) Mix together Boiled mashed potatoes, cumin, chili powder, garlic paste,bread crumbs salt etc and knead well. Make small balls with depression in the center.
2) Grind together the coconut, mint, cilantro,chilies and other ingredients to make a smooth chutney.
3) Place a 1/2 tsp chutney in the center of the potato ball.
5) Shallow fry the Aloo tikkis in non stick skillet on medium flame untill golden brown and crispy on the outside.
6) Serve immediately with ketchup/ Hot-sweet sauce.
Take your guest by surprise of coconut-mint chutney inside the Aloo-Tikki's!!