So, as I had mentioned earlier Saturday night was the 'Diwali Potluck'. I love these potlucks, first of all we get to meet all the ...
Do you crave the things your mom made back at home when you visited the last??? I was exactly experiencing the same....Mummy had made thi...
A recipe...long due to be written. Finally, here it is!! I never had a 'tart' pan before. The other day at Target...I found this ...
Now that I have the ' perfect ' recipe for eggless cakes .....I am trying all sorts of flavors with a little modification to the sam...
A Twist on the old favorite! To keep up with the ever changing tastes of the world...you have to change yourself ....so that you acc...
"Beta aaj maine tumhare liye Gajar ka Halwa banaya hai" ....a typical old Bollywood movie dialogue. A dessert so typically '...
"Add a variety of whole grains to your diet". ....was the message I gained from 'food' books I was reading.Really what...
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
"Fusion Cuisine"- Tofu Makhani / Tofu Butter Masala
Few days ago, when I posted the recipe for 'Thai Stir Fried Tofu", my friend 'N' commented how he doesn't like Tofu and it feels like he is chewing on cardboard / eraser! Hahahha!
I can totally understand how he feels....becuase at home 'M' is not a big fan of Tofu either. He tries to avoid it each and everytime. But when I made this curry- "Tofu Makhani', he quite did not realize that there was Tofu and NOT Paneer in the curry and also ate a bowl full! Now that was a success!!! May be the 'Makhani/ butter masala' sauce masked the taste of tofu and it was as soft as Paneer. So all the ....'Non Tofu Fans'.....give this one try...may be you will like it!
2 cups 'Extra Firm' Tofu , cut into bite size cubes
2 medium onions chopped
2-3 ripe tomatoes or 1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
2tsp cilantro chopped
1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
1tbsp Cumin-coriander powder
1tsp Butter chicken masala
1/4tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2tsp Chili powder
1tsp kasoori methi
1/2 cup whole milk
Red food color(optional)...I did not use it in this recipe
Almonds,cilantro for garnishing
1) Cut the Tofu and lay it on a paper towel to absorb extra liquid. Then shallow fry the tofu in oil untill golden brown on each side.Keep aside.
3) Heat 2tsp butter,when it bubbles,add cumin seeds and the above paste and fry nicely.Add little water and the whole milk.Add butter chicken masala, cumin coriander powder,sugar and salt.The gravy should be little thick.This is a mild sauce and shouldn't be too spicy.It has a tender flavor ...little sour,sweet and smooth and silky.
4) Add the fried Tofu.Mix well gently.
5) Add garam masala to the gravy.Mix.
6) Turn off the heat,add cilantro and almonds.
7) Serve hot with Naan/Chapati/ Rice.