Many a times, when a friend mentions "Oh I cooked Chinese noodles today or I made some Bhel chaat or I baked so and so.....my mind already makes plan to crave and make me make that thing in the next few days.Does that happen to you???
My friend 'S' made this really 'amazing looking' Tandoori chicken the other day and posted the pictures on facebook...and tadah...I had to make it!!! Of course I do not have a 'Tandoor' oven but roasted it in the regular oven.It was so good..spicy, juicy on the inside and caramelized on the outside....ummm ..I am craving it again already :)
TANDOOR: Is a cylindrical Clay oven used in cooking and baking.In Tandoor, the food is actually exposed to live fire of wood/charcoal etc (Sort of like Barbaque) and also hot air like the convection oven. The temperatures in the tandoor can reach upto 400C(900F). The food that comes out of the tandoor has characteristic appearance- roasted in dry heat and a little charred at some spots.
4 Chicken Drumsticks(skin removed)
1 tbsp Tandoor Chicken masala
1 tsp Garam masala powder
1-2 tsp Chili powder
1/2tsp cumin-coriander powder
1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
1 tsp Lemon juice
few drops of red food coloring (optional)
1) Wash the chicken and dry thoroughly with paper towels.
2) Mix the ingredients for the marinade.Taste to check the spice level or add more chili powder
3) Rub the marinade on the drum sticks.
4) Marinate for 3-4 hrs in the refrigerator.
5) Pre heat the oven to 400F
6) Place the marinated chicken on a oiled baking sheet.
7) Bake for 20-30 mins till the chicken is cooked tender (starts to fall apart from the bone) and looks caramelized from outside.Oven temperatures vary- SO WATCH OUT!
8) Serve hot with onions and lemon wedges