I have made "Oats Laddoo" before and they come out delicious.Even the most 'Oat hater' ( my very own M) will fall in love with those. I came across a very nice recipe (http://www.7aumsuvai.com/2012/08/almond-oats-laddu.html ) for a healthier Oats Laddoo.These have Oats, Almonds, yellow moong dal and pistachios. Don't they sound yummy to the core!!
Here is my version of the recipe:
Ingredients:(Makes around 25 laddoos)
1 and 1/2 cups Quick cooking oats
1 cup whole Almonds
1/4 cup yellow moong dal
1 Cup Sugar
1tsp cardamon powder
1) Dry Roast separately almonds, pistachios, yellow moong dal , oats in a pan, till golden brown.Do not let them burn. Let them cool.
2) Powder each ingredient separately.Powder the almonds till they start oozing oil (this will help in binding the laddoos). Powder the sugar along with cardamom.
3) Mix together all the powders in a mixing bowl
4) Heat 3tbsp Ghee. Pour on to the mixture of powders.Knead well. If it's too dry heat another 1/2tbsp ghee and add to the mixture.
5) Make into rounds by pressing and rolling into laddoos.
Garnish with pistachios if you like. Store in airtight container.
Give your Family a 'Healthy Boost' this Diwali with these Delicious Oat- Almond Laddoos!!