There were couple fillets of Salmon sitting in the freezer. Hadn't particularly planned what I would do with them.The taste of the 'Chicken Tandoori' and 'Shrimp fry' that we cooked at the Cottage for the New Years Eve was still lingering in the mouth.
TADAHHHH.....came into being these Sizzling Hot- Spicy-mouthwatering ..bite size Salmon tikkas!
I used Salmon for this recipe...but I guess any fish would work just fine. The Salmon fillets worked perfect for cutting into bite size chunks.
2 Salmon fillets( Skin OFF) cut into around 20-25 Cubes
2tsp Chicken Tandoori masala ( I used 'Shan' Chicken Tandoori Masala)
1tsp Red chili powder
1tsp toasted sesame seeds
1/2 tsp Cumin powder
1/2tsp Garlic paste
Onion Cut into rings
Cilantro for garnish
Non stick oil spray
1) Cut the onion into rings. Cut the Salmon into chunks
2) Mix together yogurt,spices,salt,oil etc to made the marinade.
3) Toss the salmon chunks into the marinade and marinate into the refrigerator for 1 hr.
4) Preheat the oven to 400F
5) Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
6) Place the onion rings and marinated Salmon on the cookie sheet.
7) Bake at 400 F for 22mins. Then broil for 2-3 mins till brown on top.
8) Garnish with Cilantro
Serve Sizzling Hot along with baked onion rings/raw onion ring and a wedge of lemon !!!
The soft flaky Salmon encrusted with the spicy marinade is a Fish lovers paradise!!