Popular Recipes

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Everyday Cooking"- Black Bean Burger



Couple weeks ago,when I visited my friend 'P', she had made these Black bean patties. I have eaten 'Guiltless black bean' burger @ Chili's...but what 'P' had made were far more tastier and probably healthier than the ones at Chilis! Even 'E' enjoyed it....and asked for more.
So I got the recipe from 'P' and last night,made these for dinner. What I liked about these was, they were actually a 'complete' meal in themselves...black beans,rice and veggies. If you want you could have it with bread or just eat as 'Patties'.....they tasted delicious!
'P' said she got the recipe from Martha Stewart's cooking DVD.
Here is the recipe in 'P's words:
Oil - 1 tbsp
1 Medium Onion
1 Medium Red Pepper
Garlic Clove - 3 - 4 No (finely minced/grated)
Turmeric pwdr - 1/4 tsp
Cumin pwdr - 1/2 - 1 tsp
Ketchup - 2 tbsp
Chinese Chili Sauce - 1 tsp (Actual recipe calls for Tabasco sauce)
When it all comes together, remove from flame. Let cool.

In a blender: Just pulse
Cooked Rice - 1 C
Cooked Black Bean - 1.5 C
Sauteed veggies
Pulse to combine

To the pulsed mixture add - 2C - Freshly prepared White Bread Crumbs.
Salt as per taste.

Form Patties & shallow fry.

Variations:
The only variations I made were:
1) I added 1tbsp chopped cilantro to the mixture
2) Used leftover rice(actually basmati 'jeera rice')
3) Used store bought seasoned bread crumbs.
4) Used 1/2 red pepper and 1/2 green pepper ( just because I did not have one whole red pepper)
5) I added 1/4 tsp black pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment