"Naan' is a leavened flat bread. The only 'leavening' agent here is 'Yogurt' and these flat breads are made from whole wheat flour and in our 'Home Tandoors' that is Regular ovens! All these make them a BIG HIT! Not only that they bake in about 2 mins!!!
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour/Atta/ Chapati Flour
1/3rd Cup Plain Yogurt/Dahi
1/2tsp Kasoori Methi(optional)
1) Mix wheat flour with yogurt, salt, ajwain, kasoori methi and knead into a soft dough with water.
3) Roll out the dough into oblong/ triangle / circle shape with 'light' hand. Do not press hard on the dough while rolling. Roll till about twice the thickness of a 'chapati'
5) Spray the cooking sheet with cooking spray/apply light hand of oil to prevent naan from sticking.
6) Bake for 1 min or so(till light roasted) then turn the naan and roast on the other side.The naan will fluff up and are done quickly.SO WATCH OUT..or otherwise they will burn.
8) Serve with your favorite curry. I served them with 'Paneer Chettinad"!