Anyways....All is well in the end.
For her 10 month b'day..I decided to give 'Zebra' cake one more try.But this time is was going to be a colorful....rainbowy....beautiful ..'RAINBOW ZEBRA CAKE'!!!
For the basic recipe,I followed :
I made little changes...
1) I used Red and green food coloring instead of the cocoa powder
2) Sprayed the cake with 'sugar syrup' for more moisture and 'sweetness'
3) Iced it with 'Chocolate Ganache
Here is how I assembled the cake:
1) Divide the white cake batter made by above recipe into 2 parts. In the 2nd part divide again into 2 parts.Add red coloring to one and green to the other.Mix well.
2) In the buttered 9 in cake pan add 3 tbsp white batter in the 'center' of the pan
5) Then add 2tbsp of the red batter to the center of the white batter.
6) Repeat 3tbsp White ..then 2 tbsp colored... then 3 tbsp white...till all the batter is used up.This is how the batter looks after assembly. The batter will spread on it's own.All you need to do is add the measured batter to the exact center of the pan.
9) After cooling, spray with a 'Spray' bottle the following syrup:
Boil 1/2cup water and 1/4th cup sugar for 7-10 mins.Let it cool Add few drops vanilla essence.
10) Let the cake soak up all the moisture
11) Chocolate Ganache
12) For decoration, add 'sprinkles' on the edge of the cake.Cut the cake into 'Wedges' to see the dramatic effect of the 'Zebra Cake'
Happy 10th month Birthday my beautiful flower 'A'!!!