I couldn't just like the texture and taste of the 'all' wheat flour biscottis. But in my opinion, 'mid-way' is better than 'no-way'!!! So here we go...a 1/2 whole wheat flour Biscotti with lots of nuts and dried cranberries!!!
1.5 Cups Whole wheat flour
1.5 Cups All purpose flour
3/4 cup Chopped Walnuts
5 Tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
1/3rd cup chopped dried Cranberries
2 large eggs
1/4cup olive oil or Canola oil
1and 1/4th cup granulated sugar
3tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Vanilla essence
1) Cream together butter,oil,salt and sugar.Add the eggs and beat again till well blended and smooth
2)Preheat oven to 325F and grease a cookie sheet evenly. Otherwise the dough will stick.
3) Add rest of the ingredients to the creamed butter.Make into a soft dough.
4) Roll into logs and flatten them.
6) Slice the baked log horizontally or at an angle with a sharp knife.
7) Place the cut-up Biscottis flat on the cookie sheet and 're bake' at 300 F for 8-10 mins until slight golden.Do not let them brown!! Remove from oven promptly.
8) Let them cool on the cookie sheet it self. Store in airtight container.