Ziti Pasta Bake with Broccoli and Tomatoes
Opened the refrigerator this morning,only to realize...'time to go grocery shopping'! With the very few things left in the fridge,'what to cook' for lunch becomes more prominent.Found a head of broccoli and 4-5 large jumbo sized tomatoes(which we bought @ the Tomato festival on this weekend).Always have some kind of Pasta on hand( coz... well ..easy to cook and both 'E' and 'M' seem to like it).And then..put together this pasta bake.Usually I like Spinach in white alfredo sauce,but didn't have any..so well...used up the broccoli head.'E' asked me to take out all the broccoli when I was feeding him..but ate the pasta and the tomatoes.
2 cups uncooked Ziti Pasta
1/2 cup brocoli cut into bite size pieces
2 tomatoes cut into round slices
1 cup milk
2tsp corn flour
2 cloves garlic crushed
2 pinches of owa/ajwain seeds(taste similar to Oregano)
4tsp Ketchup/marinara sauce
Black pepper,salt,red pepper flakes,italian seasoning to taste
1/2 cup shredded mozarella
1/4 cup pepper jack cheese
1) Boil the pasta till cooked (8-10 mins),drain well.
2) Heat 1tsp butter,added crushed garlic,corn flour.Saute for minute.Add broccoli and saute again for 1-2 minutes on low flame.
3) Add milk slowly,and cook the sauce till thick.Add salt,black pepper,italian seasoning,red pepper flakes,ketchup 1/4 cup of shredded mozarella etc.
4) Add the cooked pasta and mix.
5) Pre-heat the oven to 375.
6) Put the pasta in oven safe dish,sprinkle with ajwain seeds.Place the sliced tomatoes on top.Cover the tomatoes with shredded cheese.
7) Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 15 mins till the cheese melts.
8) Broil for 2-3 mins till the cheese turns golden brown.
9) Garnish with cilantro/parseley leaves
10) Enjoy hot.